Monday, May 18, 2009

On Leaving Town, Coming Home, and Other Unrelated Activities

This weekend my husband and I traveled with his two sisters, their husbands, and our nine-month-old nephew to Chicago to attend the Green Fest. This made getting our group on and off CTA buses and trains a miniature adventure, but thankfully we all brought a traveling buddy.

The festival was held at a convention hall on Navy Pier, and there were hundreds of booths promoting “Green” products. I think I would have enjoyed the festival more had their been more booths promoting simple, cost-effective ways to be green; however, I nonetheless had an enjoyable time. I also bought a square teapot from Vietnam, finally purchased a new pair of jeans, ate at Earwax in Wicker Park, and somehow managed to discover even more books for my already overflowing bookshelves at home.

I didn’t take any pictures at the festival, but here is a picture of us stuck in traffic along Michigan Avenue. We had to wait about fifteen minutes for the bridge to lift and descend for a passing boat. After all that time I expected to see a grand boat passing though, something perhaps along the lines of the Titanic, but all I could see was the very tip of the boat’s mast. After the wait, I must say it was a little disappointing.



In other news, here are pictures of a necklace I posted on Etsy today:





As for something completely unrelated, here’s a video of the band Beirut performing in a Parisian cafĂ©. How can you not love this (and wish you had been a witness to the event)?

No comments:

Post a Comment